Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Reality-in a daze of a dream


Another spectacular shot. Can you imagine every day waking up to such a beautiful view,,and walking along the shore line with not a care in the world, or having to rush here or there. No schedules,,no need to plan every minute of your day,,or wondering what you have to get at the store and make for supper,,,you could be satisfied with a P&J sandwich and a glass of milk. Someday I want to experience that for a life time,,,not just for a week or two. I went out of the house 5 minutes late as usual,,it was cold around 20,,,my nice tan looked great all covered up in layers. I got to my first patients house to find her in a panic with the toilet over flowing on the floor,,,luckily it was just water,,,and not a plunger in site. It is a mother in law apt. connected to the son's house, no one is home there. I went in trying to locate all the bathrooms in hopes of a plunger,,finally found one in the upstairs bathroom closet. By that time all the articles on the floor are soaked,,,and being a rat pack she had lots of "stuff" there. I throw out all the unneeded boxes, empty lotion bottles,,empty depend bags,,all said and done the bathroom looked great. Fixed the toilet,,disinfected every thing. Welcome back to my world. We had a great laugh over every thing. As I had my patient sitting in a chair near by,,,watching me,,after a few minutes she said,,"Oh,,how did all that water get there,,,Thank God for small stuff. Dementia can be so cruel,,,yet a blessing at times,,,she wasn't up set. Finished up my time there and headed to the gym,,,I needed to work-out. To many deserts and food on cruise. I still crave chocolate after the chocolate buffet one day--I have 2 Dove bars to help in emergency cravings. At the GYM I was to scared to get on the scale,,waited to my work-out was done---YUP ^6lbs heavier,,,I give it 2 weeks they shall be off. With my schedule and all my running I only eat 1.5 sorta normal meals a day,,,(not counting 2 squares of Dove chocolate a day. At 4pm I headed up to the "Home" to see my other patient,,,She was on cloud 9 when she saw me,,,all was right in the world with me in it. She was happy,,which was good after hearing reports from her son ,,that she was terrible depressed,,he ordered a mental evaluation on her,,,,He doesn't understand,,,she never planned or wanted to be there,,and after 6 years of round the clock care with just one on one,,,how can she not be happy to be 405-bed A,,,Her name removed to a number and a bed. Shit we all would be the same. Home to my little home at 8pm---Longing to be on the beach. {J} makes it nice for me thou,,,nice cozy fire going,,,Roses on the table and the stove...Meal made,,wine chilled--My slice of Heaven. And together we count the days till spring and camping next to a lake or ocean together,,,As my sister would say,,,Life is good,,,live ,love and learn---Happy Trails!!!!##########################
############################################
Life is simple. It is us HUMANS that make it hard.This is a simple but very wise message - Enjoy THIS IS SOME GOOD ADVICE! If a dog was the teacher, you would learn stuff like: When loved ones come home, always run to greet them. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy. When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.Let others know when they've invaded your territory.Take naps. Stretch before rising. Run, romp, and play daily. Thrive on attention and let people touch you. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do. On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree. When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body. No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout..! run right back and make friends. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough. Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.

No comments:

Adsense