Monday, January 29, 2007

A Day at Tortola


I wish I was gifted with the writing ability to draw interest. I do not so until I do I will just write as me. This shot was taken on one of my favorite Islands of the cruise. Tortola it is British Virgin Island. Very rustic,,none of the homes or buildings can be taller than the highest Palm tree. The homes are built a lot in the hills and the roads are very rugged,,,scary to say the least. The drive to one beach consisted of going up and over and down a mountain. The views were spectacular that I saw. But most of the time my eyes were closed and I was holding on to dear life. the bus had no doors or windows. And the road was passable by only one lane,,as we traveled up and around corners the guy driving would blow his horn before going around a corner and hopefully no one was coming at us. I had to give my camera to my brother in law Paul to take the shots,,I am afraid of height's,,wish I was brave but that wasn't happening,,,I need a drink. We finally arrived to a very nice beach. Pelicans were in the water. And the color of the ocean was a beautiful blue. We bought our beach chairs to sit in,, I ordered a drink...it was 10:30 am...I thought it was 1pm. It was unlike me to drink in the am,,but I enjoyed it. By the time 12pm came every one was having fruity beach drinks. The ride back to the ship didn't seem to bother me. I enjoyed this island the best,,one reason was you were not approached every 2 minutes by some one calling you sweety and wanting to braid your hair for a dollar a strand,,,or sell you a shirt,,or pocketbook. You bought your chair and the drinks were in a shack behind you and they were decent people. I took one sip of my drink,,which costs $5 dollars and it got knocked over,,,I asked them if they could replace it,,,at first they said no joking but they did. I would definitely love to spend 2 weeks exploring this island. The beauty of it was amazing. My sister bought some curry chicken which was great. Now it's time to put my memoirs away and get back to the frigid cold of NY and get to work----Happy Trails%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
A man, returning home a day early from a business trip, got into a taxi at the airport. It was after midnight. While en route to his home, he asked the cabby if he would be a witness. The man suspected his wife was having an affair and he intended to catch her in the act. aked man's head. The wife shouted, "Don't do it! This man has been very generous! I lied when I told you I inherited money. He paid for the Hummer I bought for you. He paid for our new cabin cruiser. He paid for your New York Giant's season tickets. He paid for our house at the lake. He paid for our country club membership, and he even pays the monthly dues!" Shaking his head from side-to-side the husband slowly lowered the gun. He looked over at the cab driver and said, "What would you do?" The cabby replied, "I'd cover his ass up with that blanket before he catches a cold." y

No comments:

Adsense