Monday, January 15, 2007

Munday-Funday


Another day and another layer of ice on the windshield,,but unlike today I was prepared with the scraper. This picture is to remind me the ship sail in 3 days,,yippie. I have continued to shop and pack. Today I bought a few shirts for the trip and a new pair of dress pants,,black ones,,,my old ones I bought last year were to big and loose fitting,,,these are much nicer. As you can see I adopted a new puppy,,,{J} was totally against me getting any pets,,but I defied him and got Lucky,,,you can hit the more button and play with him when I am not around,,,he's kinda cool and faith full,,,stays right by me. I came home this evening and a friend of mine dropped by with a "bonjor "gift,,she got me a 4 in one Binopix Binoculars w/digital camera and digital video and pc cam all in one. Thought that was really sweet of her,,,can't wait to figure out how to use it. This week is going to fly by for me,,,Only 2 more work days to go. And so much to do before I leave,,,work really interfere with my getting ready,,ugh. So going to bed and waking up early to get a head start----Happy Trails!!!!!##########################PS,,,I almost forgot,,,Go over to Rosedesroches site,,,its on the right in places I journey to,,,Today is Funny Monday were you right a funny story or joke,,,should be a blast reading some of those,,,And post it if you got it :>)
############################################

I really do love this country, but...
1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front. 4. Only in America... do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet coke. 5. Only in America... do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters. 6. Only in America... do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage. 7. Only in America... do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place. 8. Only in America... do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight. 9. Only in America... do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'. 10. Only in America... do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille.

No comments:

Adsense