Saturday, December 16, 2006

Tis the Season


My past few days have been busy and hectic,,,but that is how I like things. I get very bored and depressed if I only have one thing on my slate,,If I complete that,,what's next nothing. So I thrive on doing a few and bitch about it,,,lol. These past few days have been like that. We had our kitchen redone and new floor put in,,also in the bathroom and the one hall. I have started a new home care case,,which as all I like,,I have slept over friend's house,,looking after my Godson,,,Jeremiah the poodle. I have shopped dropped and cleaned and cooked all in 2 days. I have my little sister and the kids here,,,and when they come on a Friday night I am neurotic. I like my Friday evenings quite and tranquil. It is funny as we get older and set in our ways. That does not happen when they arrive. I don't know how my sister holds it all together. The challenges of raising 4 kids enough to scare me. She is a happy go lucky person and helped me wrap up my presents and helped me grate carrots for my salad. We have our family Christmas party tonight. I wish I didn't have to work today doing the mail thing I know how heavy that will be,,,and I am not happy about the postal service at this time. My brother in law was coming up from the Island and meeting the family here last night,,He arrived late,,after 11pm. And he was way into the cheer by then. It reminded me of my Dad,,how after the week of not seeing him,,he came with home with a six pack and a buzz on. He never drove and always arrived in a cab with goodies for everyone. And my Mom would expect him around 5ish,,,all of us waiting in anticipation,,,calling the Train station to see if the train was on time,,,and the taxi company to see if a cab was on the way to our address. When my brother in law came,,,I was saddened that he arrived drunk,,,That is one thing I am not cool about,,,drinking and driving. I love him and God forbid he wrecked,,or some one else drunk on the road and they both crashed together,,,so many scenarios play in my head. I did it a few times when I was younger,,and I thank my Angels for watching over me,,,and now I won't even have one glass of wine and drive,,,It is not worth it. Life is precious. I sure hope he does not do this on a regular base. I love him too much to see something happen to him or my sister and the family. Grant it tonight at the family bash,,most of us will be into the cheer,,,but we will all have a designated driver. Enjoy the season---Happy Trails!!!****************************************************************** An atheist in the wood======================================

An atheist was walking through the woods.
"What majestic trees"!
"What powerful rivers"!
"What beautiful animals"!
He said to himself.
As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes
behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him.
He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder & saw
that the bear was closing
in on him.
He looked over his shoulder again, & the bear was even closer. He tripped &
fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the
bear was right! on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw & raising
his right paw to strike him. At that instant the Atheist cried out, "Oh my
God!"
Time Stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.
As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky. "You
deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even
credit creation to cosmic accident." "Do you expect me to help you out of
this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer"?
The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me
to suddenly ask You to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps You could
make the BEAR a Christian"?
"Very Well," said the voice.
The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the bear dropped
his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke:
"Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through
Christ our Lord, Amen
===========================================

1 comment:

pancake monster said...

yes!here's the candy cane i promised!
i hope images show up in comments! sorry i don't have anything to say about your blog right now, but i'm really preocuppied. ill get to it later though!

apparently i cant yleave youa candy cane here:( well it'll be under my blog if you want it =p

Adsense