Sunday, December 17, 2006

Another Blog in the Season...


This is the North East perhaps if we had snow by now and colder temps,,I might feel the " Christmas"....I do not,,Over the years I have noticed the fade of it,,,the excitement dwindles,,I used to really go out and Deck my Hall's with real bay's of greenery,,,going down the stair case,,,with the gaudy garland and all. And the out side steps were decorated as well. (Big Candy Canes on Each Railing approach)...Electrical candles burned in all the windows...A real tree was picked with many hours of searching,,all done in love. Tugged the tree up the stairs,,,he would tell me "of the imperfections of my choice",{I searched alone},,but I dealt with it,,hurt feeling and all and moved forth. After many moons of doing this I decided on just putting up a fake tree,,,my Mom's artificial one....his Mom suggested perhaps I should do fake greenery in staircase" Shall look pretty and yet less mess",,,in order to avoid the fuss I did,,,And I hated it. So I did away with it all. No bickering.....no hassels...all was happy,,,but me. But yet I had less work which I liked. I used to get together with my family on Christmas Eve,,,that now has been moved to the middle of the month---Every ornament I have put out,,to try to get into the spirit I am told "Junk,"Junk" don't get used to it,,,it goes away in 2 weeks. Shit when I had a tree ,,,he took it down before the New Year. At the post office we used to play Christmas music from the start of the day--till the end,,,But now we play after all the mail is sorted { Distracts the Senior Retarded ones},,,,Christmas over the years have changed all around me.I adapt to the changes with regret. I miss the Spirit of the season among my family....I put on the pretence that it is there,,,but it is gone. I love the get together with my family,,they help bring it back. But when they leave I reminess of what has passed....Memories of our youth should always continue into our adult hood. Every day should be a treasure to treasure,,,,The Magik of the season should remain always in our heart...and memories,,,and Present----{Deep thoughts} Celebrate the birth of our Lord,,what ever faith you believe,,,,And enjoy the season----Happy Trails!!!!=======================================A young couple gets married, and the groom asks his bride if he can have a dresser drawer of his own that she will never open. The bride agrees. After 30 years of marriage, she notices that his drawer has been left open. She peeks inside and sees 3 golf balls and $1,000.She confronts her husband and asks for an explanation. He explains "Every time I was unfaithful to you, I put a golf ball in the drawer." She figures 3 times in 30 years isn't bad and asks "But what about the $1,000?" He replied "Whenever I got a dozen golf balls, I sold them"

No comments:

Adsense