Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday


Sometimes in life the stairs we need to climb are not always clear. Like in this picture over time sand has blown it's way on the steps. In the beginning of the year the steps are not even visible,,,sand has covered them like snow blankets the earth. It to me is a very cool picture with many meanings. Deep thoughts....Today here in the great North East was a gorgeous day. The sun was warm and inviting. We had a BBQ at one of the boat clubs. I took Mom out of the home for it,,,I noticed she had a hard time walking,,,her steps are getting slower with age and every step she takes is with pain,,,,she complains of her legs hurting,,,her arms...arthritis is taking over her body. For once a strong women who gave birth to 8 kids and had the strength of a saint,,,It is sad to see. She did have a nice time. And enjoyed the music and the people. Oh not to mention the food. And for once she won a raffle prize so that was really cool. I left the BBQ early,,,Milly took Mommy home for me. I went up to the hospital and ICU and saw my patient. She is still in rough shape. She just had a pain medication before I got there and was totally out of it. Her vitals all looked good. And they were moving her out of ICU,,,and out to a regular floor...and in a room with 4 other patients. So I take that as a good sign. Time will tell thou. I left there and headed out to her house....I wanted to feed the stray cats and water the plants,,,,Guess I just wanted to be there and pretend all was the same again. The one cat I call Hissy Face,,,was there Hissing at me as usual. She has a constant guard up,,,but she is a very friendly cat. I could tell she was happy to see me,,,running up to me hissing and puring. I fed her and went back in for a second,,,come out and she races to see me again....Pet her and back to the food she goes.....I noticed one of the cushion on the couch is down..( I always put them up when not in use ) I lift it up to find 3 cute kittens all hissing at me,,,,so like there Mom they are. I picked up every one and cuddled with it,,,against their wishes I am sure. Then it was time for me to go,,,,I left my blazer there and took the house car.....Tomorrow I will go back and play in my garden out there,,,and for added fun I am going to go help Linda deliver her route. Go to the gym,,,,wonder how many days I will stay home,,,humm---I am so use to working and constantly being on the go,,,this is so strange for me. Probably when I get used to it,,,it will be time to go back to work.......Happy Trails!!!!##############################################
A redneck family from the hills was visiting the city and they were in a mall for the first time in their lives.
The father and son were strolling around while the wife shopped.
They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and then slide back together again.
The boy asked, "Paw, what's at?" The father (never having seen an elevator) responded, "Son, I dunno. I ain't never seen anything like that in my entire life, I ain't got no idea'r what it is." While the boy and his father were watching with amazement, a fat old lady in a wheel chair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady rolled between them into a small room.
The walls closed and the boy and his father watched the small circular number above the walls light up sequentially. They continued to watch until it reached the last number and then the numbers began to light in the reverse order.
Then the walls opened up again and a gorgeous, voluptuous 24 year-old blonde woman stepped out. The father, not taking his eyes off the young woman, said quietly to his son, "Boy..................go git cha Momma...............
###########################################################A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender. The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail, and then asks him, What's your IQ?" The man replies "150" and the robot proceeds to make conversation about global warming factors, quantum physics and spirituality, biomimicry, environmental interconnectedness, string theory, nanotechnology, and sexual proclivities . The customer is very impressed and thinks, "This is really cool." He decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around, and comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the perfectly prepared drink and asks him, "What's your IQ?" The man responds, "about a 100."Immediately the robot starts talking, but this time, about football, NASCAR, baseball, super models, favorite fast foods, guns, and women's body parts. Really impressed, the man leaves the bar and decides to give the robot one more test. He heads out and returns, the robot serves him and asks, "What's your IQ?" The man replies, "Er, 50, I think."And the robot says... real slowly, "So... is... your... party... gonna... nominate... Hillary...for... president ???

No comments:

Adsense