Friday, September 15, 2006

A apple a day

This picture is for my patient. She just loves living on the apple farm and watching all the activities going on from winter to harvest time,,,which is now. I had to deliver mail on a different route yesterday and haven't been on that route in what seemed like a couple years. And he changed the case,,,new people came,,some left,,it was a mess trying to figure it all out. I wanted to get done early so I could race up to Albany and see my patient. I asked Linda to help me,,,she was a sweetheart and didn't hesitate to help. She came in before I was done sorting and helped me finish,,,then took out half the route,,,plus beat me back and put up any 3rd class that was there. Thanks a lot Linda!!! I got done at 3;45 and headed home to get {J} and run up to Albany,,,my patient was still in ICU,,,sound asleep from all the morphine. She looked like she was in a car accident. Her right eye totally shut and bruised,,swollen and bleeding. The cut above to drain the blood and it was still fresh. The hospital here should have done that to relieve the pressure,,,,but they didn't. They had a neck brace on and a Roll Order posted. She was hooked up to EKG's,,02 ,,catheter,,and numerous other wires coming out. With all the beeps on the machine going off she was snoring and sleeping peaceful. Her vitals all seemed to be stable so I am praying she will be OK. I will go back up Sunday morning to check on her and spend a lot of time during the week keeping vigil by her side. I always tell my self I need not get so involved in my patent's. When I worked for the Health dept. many years ago,,,they kept you on a case for 6 months then moved you,,,and another home health aide took your spot and you moved on to another patient,,,so you wouldn't get attached. I can see how that was easier in some ways now. I have been taking care of this patient now 6 years,,,so I am attached,,,it is like family and it does hurt to see them suffer.,,,,For now I need to change my hat and become a mail carrier and get moving. Happy Trails,,,,Pain free days!!!!!!########################A psychiatrist was conducting a group therapy session with four young mothers and their small children. "You all have obsessions," he observed. To the first mother, Mary, he said, "You are obsessed with eating. You've even named your daughter Candy."He turned to the second Mom, Ann: "Your obsession is with money. Again, it manifests itself in your child's name, Penny." He turned to the third Mom, Joyce: "Your obsession is alcohol. This too shows itself in your child's name, Brandy." At this point, the fourth mother, Kathy, quietly got up, took her little boy by the hand and whispered, "Come on, Dick, we're leaving."#######Bubba and Junior were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking up. A blonde lady walked by and asked what they were doing. "We're supposedto find the height of the flagpole," said Bubba, "but we don't have aladder." The woman took a wrench from her purse, loosened a few bolts, and laidthe pole down. Then she took a tape measure from her pocket, took a measurement &announced, "Eighteen feet, six inches," and walked away. Junior shook his head and laughed. "Ain't that just like a blonde ? Weask for the height, and she gives us the length.Bubba and Junior are currently doing government work SUPERVISING thereconstruction of those New Orleans levees.

No comments:

Adsense