Tuesday, September 26, 2006

more on my day


Today was kinda of a weird day for me,,nothing out of the ordinary in general but just had the feeling I was left out of something or a uncertainly was about to happen,,,My patient got transported to a nursing home for rehabilitation,,,I rushed through the day and made it in time to see her come in. I noticed a remarkable change in her....a improvement. She was able to hold a drinking cup,,able to start to feed herself. This is really big steps for her head injury. The only thing there that bothers me is,,,they don't use bed railing's. It is a form of restraint they say,,,to me it is a accident waiting to happen. Three years ago---at her house we did not have a hospital bed,,and she got up and fell at 5 am in the morning,,,bruised her eye,,had a hair line fracture on her wrist and broken ribs. I insisted on a hospital bed,,,,all has been safe since. And she fell from someone giving her space in the bathroom a week and a half ago,,,and we almost lost her. At the hospital they put up the railings,,,here at the "rehabilitation home" no railings. I am like waiting for a freakin accident to happen and my phone to ring with the news at any time---think next week I am putting my self off call for a week and escaping. I get to involved,,,if the family doesn't seem to worry to much about it perhaps I should not either. A few months ago,,,back in June {J} and I planned on going up to the samon country and he was going to do some fishing and I was going to chill,,,that would have been this weekend,,,perhaps next week I will tell him,,lets go for a few days,,,I have the time off and can visit my sister Margaret in Rome,,,so I shall think apon doing that,,,for now going catch some TV----Happy Trails......................#####
An Irishman in a wheelchair entered a restaurant one afternoon and asked the waitress for a cup of coffee.The Irishman looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus sitting over there?"The waitress nodded yes, so the Irishman told her to give Jesus a cup of coffee on him.The next patron to come in was an Englishman with a hunched back. He shuffled over to a booth, painfully sat down, and asked the waitress for a cup of hot tea. He also glanced across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus over there?"The waitress nodded, so the Englishman said to give Jesus a cup of hot tea, "My treat."The third patron to come into the restaurant was a redneck on crutches (from Michigan). He hobbled over to a booth, sat down, and hollered, "Hey there, sweet thang! How's about gettin' me a cold glass of Coke?"He, too, looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is that God's boy over there?" The waitress once more nodded, so the redneck said to give Jesus a cold glass of Coke, "And put it on my bill."As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Irishman, touched him, and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Irishman felt the strength come back into his legs, got up, and danced a jig out the door.Jesus also passed by the Englishman, touched him, and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Englishman felt his back straightening up, and he raised his hands, praised the Lord, and did a series of backflips out the door.Then Jesus walked towards the redneck. The redneck jumped up and yelled, "Don't touch me! I'm drawin' disability!"

No comments:

Adsense