Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hummp Day!




Today on my drive into work,,,I found my self stopped for the school bus ,,,they were picking up kids at the place I grew up at. My old homestead,,,And it brought back memories off waiting for the bus,,,actually most of those memories are of the other kids yelling the bus is coming and me running out the door to catch it. I remember when I was in pre-school one day and was sent to get some water from my grandmother's house (Bobchi's) and I knew the bus was coming and did not want the kids on the bus to see me caring a pail of water---so I took the woods and hills to come back,,,and ended up missing the bus all together,,and spilling most of the water. Later on in my teens years I really enjoyed the bus ride to work,,not actually sure why,,whether it was just the excitement of the mode of transportation,,or perhaps I had a crush on the bus driver. Any how it brought back a lot of memories. I have stopped by the house Delivering the mail and it all seemed so Small to me. The apple tree that we had for like ever was gone,,,,the field that my Dad used to set on fire every year and call the fire company to put it out was still cleared,,,did they continue the practice of having a few beers and setting it ablaze,,,or did they have a new way of clearing it. Humm things that made me wonder as I waited there. I really enjoyed my childhood. Sometimes I wish I was still that little girl again and could relive it all over again with treasure each moment more. Well today is one of those days that you want to erase from your mind. Lesson number #72 in life,,,Warn the person you are talking to on the phone that you have it on speaker phone before you say anything provocative. Speaker phones need to be outlawed,,,actually the person who puts you on a speaker phone needs to be slapped if they don't warn you. Another embarrassing moment to learn to live by. I got done with work pretty early,,,saved all my junk mail to put up on the morrow. Went up to see my pt.,,,Still improving and shall write more on that on the morrow,,,for now it is ZZZZ time,,,,Happy Trails!!!!########################################A man is driving down a deserted stretch of highway when he notices a signout of the corner of his eye. It readsSISTERS OF ST. FRANCISHOUSE OF PROSTITUTION10 MILESHe thinks it was a figment of his imagination and drives on without asecond thought. Soon he sees another sign, which says:SISTERS OF ST. FRANCISHOUSE OF PROSTITUTION5 MILESSuddenly, he begins to realize that these signs are for real. Then hedrives past a third sign saying:SISTERS OF ST.FRANCISHOUSE OF PROSTITUTION NEXT RIGHTHis curiosity gets the best of him and he pulls into the drive. On the farside of the parking lot is a stone building with a small sign next to thedoor reading:SISTERS OF ST. FRANCISHe climbs the steps and rings the bell. The door is answered by a nun in along black habit who asks, "What may we do for you, my son?"He answers, "I saw your signs along the highway, and was interested inpossibly doing business.""Very well, my son. Please follow me." He is led through many windingpassages and is soon quite disoriented. The nun stops at a closed door andtells the man, "Please knock on this door."He does as he is told and another nun in a long habit, holding a tin cupanswers the door. This nun instructs, "Please place $100 in the cup, thengo through the large wooden door at the end of this hallway."He gets $100 out of his wallet and places it in the second nun's cup. Hetrots eagerly down the hall and slips through the door, pulling it shutbehind him.As the door locks behind him, he finds himself back in the parking lot,facing another small sign:
GO IN PEACE.YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SCREWED BY THE SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS.SERVES YOU RIGHT, YOU SINNER!

No comments:

Adsense