Thursday, September 14, 2006

Today--------------------

As days go I definetly have had better!! I dreaded getting up today. Just felt like one of those days where you wanted to stay in bed longer. But I couldn't. Had to be to a job by 8 am,,,I left my patient when the other lady came,,,I was to be gone till 12pm then return back to her. I was pulling in the driveway at 12;02pm,,,,and noticed my phone had a incoming call from work. I figured the other lady was inpatient to go and me being 2 minuts late she was calling. How wrong I was....Her son in law met me at the door and told me she had fallen and I had to take her to the ER. One look at her and I called paremedics. Wich should have been done sooner. Her right eye was swollen shut and looking awefull. They did have ice on it. She had numerous swollen bruises on both arms....moaning and cold to touch. I called her son after speaking to 911 and waiting for the ambulance. We went to the local ER,,,got there at 12;45 pm. Finally a doctor was to see her at 1;45,,he ordered X-rays,,,cat scan,,,EKG,,CBC....the results came back---She has numerous broken bones above the eye,,,and there is blood in her skull,,,not in the brain but around it,,that was the least of her worries,,,He wanted to medvac her up to Albany but with the rain she was going back in a ambulance up there. They are trying to save her vision in the eye,,and prevent any further breakdowns. It really sucks. She is 95 and was in pretty good shape,,,,Kinda think if I stayed in bed a little longer today,,,called off going to my other job and told the other lady not to come,,,,perhaps this would have been prevented. Now all I can do is hope she will be alright. On the morrow I have to do the mail so it will be a long day till I can get up there.###### Stress management>>>> Just in case you've had a rough day, here's an eight-step stress> management technique recommended in the latest psychological texts.> The funny thing is......... that it really works!>>> 1. Picture yourself near a stream.>>> 2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.>>> 3. No one but you knows your secret place.>>> 4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic world.>>> 5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air> with a cascade of serenity.>>> 6. The water is crystal clear.>>> 7. You can easily make out the face of the person you're> holding underwater.>Happy Trails!!#########################################################

No comments:

Adsense