Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Season 2007 News Letter

The season started out pretty mild on the emotional roller coaster I am sometimes on. As the count down to my family Christmas party, and the gatherings of numerous friends....I started my usual procrastinating as { J } calls it. But in reality I work best under pressure. I put off making gifts till the last 2 weeks, shopping for all falls in the one week before category. Cooking for gatherings, and shopping for food is usually the day before the function. And it happens to be after I had a full day of work. All turned out great!! Everyone loved what I made in the way of gifts. Which to me is the best gift of all. No one went away hungry or better yet sick. My brother Mike did not show up, which to me is in no way a surprise. It would have been nice if he could have came, and the excuse I heard in him not knowing where it was this year was for the freakin birds. Its at the same place for the last 10 years, or so it seems to me. We hold it at our boat club. When the family was smaller most of the time it was my house. I think there was about 42 of us,so that was a nice close gathering of siblings. Christmas eve I worked but came home for { J's } gathering at his Mom's. She made her traditional meal of Roladin. I just love it. I have decided to try to make some my self. Today I came home from my home care case at 1sh. I had a nice day opening presents with { J } and hanging around the house. He made us a great meal of Prime rib and veggies. I have swore off Christmas cookies and candy till next year. I ate so many good varieties of them over the past week, that I hated to receive anymore on Christmas Eve. His sister in law made us a beautiful large dish of them, and his niece made us a large container of them......Tomorrow I am bringing them to the nursing home. In all Christmas was great and I wouldn't have changed a thing....Hope you all had a Great Christmas.........Happy Trails!!!

2 comments:

jenn said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas!

Helena said...

Thanks Jenn, Now I am heading over to your place to check out what has been happing for you :>)

Adsense