Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Day


These cute Santa's are made by "Little Old MEEEE!. I did them last year,,or it could have been the year before. My one sister said to me this year that she was so looking forward to what I made this year,,,every year I made something crafty giving Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray more competition. But this year I didn't work on any projects,,,After she said that I thought I have to make or fix something,,,work with my heart for a special gift for Christmas. I am redoing a old frame for { J } and putting a picture in it of the light house. He I am sure will not appreciate the effort put into it as would be my family. But I am very proud of it,,and it is almost done. These Santa's in the photo,,,the one on the left with his head tipping,,,is a wine bottle cover,,,LOL. I usually do folk art and wood working. One year I had to go out and get my own Scroll Saw. I still love it. OMG ,,,Can you believe it is 5 more days till Christmas. My little sister Midgie will be having a blast in the city. I will be glad to be snug as a bug in a rug--Home. I decided already not working Christmas Eve,,,I might do Christmas day at the "Home" they are so short staff..and perhaps I can bring a little Christmas Magik to them. Today this am was a pain management visit. It is my way of dealing with the arthritis in my spine. The pain I have in my left thumb doesn't show up in X-rays,,,not notable as of yet--good news is there is no mass there of a Tumor...not that I was a hypochondriac,,,but I am sure It is there. Before I was given any scripts I had to sign this paper,,,it seems that a lot of addicts go there and besides the street drugs they go to numerous doctors. Some one told me they had to sign it a year ago. You also need to give a urine sample. My Doc,,,new I would pass but had to follow the rules,,,she was even going to give me 3/4 of the dose till results came in,,,,I told her I could wait,,just get me some water so I will be able to pee. That was at 9;20 am....signed into the lab and waited my turn....I didn't have to pee yet,,,kept drinking water,,,9;45 am comes they call me,,I start to go in and explain to the tech...I don't have to pee yet,,,she said ok,,,take my time and just come back when I am ready,,,,Back to watching waiting room TV....15 minutes pass--no Pee yet,,,A guy comes out and calls my name,,,I have to explain to him,,,I am not ready to pee on demand yet.,,,So back to the water,,and TV,,finally as the clock ticks and it is 10:20,,,I go in and say I'll try now,,,,There is 4 people,,,strangers to me...I go in the bathroom and try as I might I can't go. All I can do is hear them talking,,,and waiting for me to pee..UGh. I get up and tell them I can't go,,,going for a walk and a cig. I am sure they are thinking I am on drugs by now.....finally at 10;45 I go back in to pee,,,,I did it and they clapped. All I thought was how does a sperm donor do this,,,Thank God that is over. Happy Trails!!!**##############################################Great recipe for turkey - try it


Baked Stuffed Turkey: 12 lb. turkey ,1 cup melted butter, 2 cups Pepperidge Farm stuffing ,1 cup uncooked popcorn (Orville Redenbachers Low Fat), Salt/pepper to taste Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds.
When the turkey's butt blows the oven door open and the turkey flies across the room, it is done.And you thought I couldn't cook
...{Martha & Rachael watch out }

No comments:

Adsense