Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Thirteen Thursday List

For some reason I wasn't able to log on to the Thirteen Thursday List. So I created my own today. It could be my server. Any one wanting to play try logging on to the Official Thirteen Thursday Blog. Good Luck on the Quiz!!
Here's a little quiz to see how much you remember about some less-than-important things from a few decades back. It's just for fun, no scoring involved. Even the wrong answers may bring back a memory or two. Have Fun!

1. What builds strong bodies 12 ways?

A. Flintstones vitamins
B. The buttmaster
C. Spaghetti
D. Wonder Bread
E. Orange Juice
F. Milk G. Cod Liver Oil

2. Before he was Muhammed Ali, he was...
A. Sugar Ray Robinson
B. Roy Orbison
C. Gene Autry
D. Rudolph Valentino
E. Fabian
F. Mickey Mantle
G. Cassius Clay

3. Pogo, the comic strip charac ter said, 'We have met the enemy and...
A. It's you
B. He is us
C. It's the Grinch
D. He wasn't home
E. He's really mean
F. We quit
G. He surrendered

4. Good night, David.
A. Good night, Chet
B. Sleep well
C. Good Night, Irene
D. Good Night, Gracie
E. See you later, alligator
F. Until tomorrow
G. Good night, Steve

5. You'll wonder where the yellow went,
A. When you use Tide
B. When you lose your crayons
C. When you clean your tub
D. If you paint the room blue
E. If you buy a soft water tank
F. When you use Lady Clairol
G. When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent

6. Before he was the Skipper's Little Buddy, Bob Denver was Dobie's friend,
A. Stuart Whitman
B. Randolph Scott
C. Steve Reeves
D. Maynard
G. Krebbs
E. Corky B. Dork
F. Dave the Whale
G. Zippy Zoo

7. Liar, liar...
A. You're a liar
B. Your nose is growing
C. Pants on fire
D. Join the choir
E. Jump up higher
F. On the wire
G. I'm telling Mom

8. Meanwhile, back in Metropolis, Superman fights a never ending battle for truth, justice and...
A. Wheaties
B. Lois Lane
C. TV ratings
D. World peace
E. Red tights
F. The American way
G. News headlines

9 . Hey, kids, what time is it?
A. It's time for Yogi Bear
B. It's time to do your homework
C. It's Howdy Doody Time
D. It's Time for Romper Room
E. It's bedtime
F. The Mighty Mouse Hour
G. Scoopy Doo Time

10. Lions and tigers and bears...
A. Yikes
B. Oh no
C. Gee whiz
D. I'm scared
E. Oh My
F. Help Help
G. Let's run


11.Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone
A. Over 40
B. Wearing a uniform
C. Carrying a briefcase
D. Over 30
E. You don't know
F. Who says, 'Trust me'
G. Who eats tofu

12. NFL quarterback who appeared in a television commercial wearing women's stockings.
A. Troy Aikman
B. Kenny Stabler
C. Joe Namath
D. Roger Stauback
E. Joe Montana
F. Steve Young
G. John Elway

13. Brylcream...
A. Smear it on
B. You'll smell great
C. Tame that cowlick
D. Greaseball hea ven
E. It's a dream
F. We're your team
G. A little dab'll do ya

Okay, now scroll down for the answers!
1 d - Wonder Bread 2 g - Cassius Clay 3 b - He Is Us
4 a - Good night, Chet 5 g - When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent 6 d - Maynard G. Krebbs 7 c - Pants On Fire
8 f - The American Way 9 c - It's Howdy Doody Time 10 e - Oh My 11 d - Over 30 12 c - Joe Namath 13 g - A l ittle dab'll do ya

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was fun! I got 8 out of the 13,and that's only because these are things my american husband had told me about over the years!!

Great TT. I can't get onto the TT site either, it seems to be down today. Mine's up at:

http://bellamocha.wordpress.com/2008/02/21/thursday-thirteen-4/

Anonymous said...

That was a lot of fun! I was amazed at the things I thought I knew were wrong! I, too, wasn't able to post to Thursday Thirteen. Kept telling me that page was unable to be displayed so I still created mine. Happy TT

Adsense